February 15, 1919
The Ministry of the Post Offices and Telegraphs of the Republic of Poland issues a proclamation, which initiates a nationwide campaign of collecting memorabilia connected with the post, telegraph and telephone. The yield of this action becomes the stirring of the future museum’s collections.
January 25, 1921
The Museum of Post and Telegraph comes into being and is included in the organisational structure of the Ministry of Post and Telegraphs. Its headquarters is located in the building of the Main Post Office in Warsaw at Napoleon Square 8 (now Square of the Warsaw’s Insurgents).
1921 - beginning of 1928
In the Museum which is out of service due to inadequate housing conditions, there are works of gathering collections and preparing the permanent exhibition being carried out. The Museum’s collections represent the Polish postal administration at the prestigious philatelic exhibitions in the country and abroad.
March 25, 1928
The Museum exhibitions are available for visitors twice a week in the new headquarters at Wierzbowa 11 street.
The Museum changed its name to the Museum of Post and Telecommunication, which is now located in the building of the Office of Telecommunication, Poznańska 29 Street - one of the largest public buildings of the pre-war Warsaw.
July 22, 1940
Under the decision of the Nazi occupation authorities the Museum is closed, and most of its collections deported to the German Reich.
March 26, 1945
After resuming the operations, the main task is to rebuild the resources of pre-war museum. Cooperation with the Office of War Reparations and Revendication leads to recovery of most of the exhibits lost during the occupation.
June 26, 1946
After arranging the museum premises and preparing the new exhibition the Museum makes its collections to the audience, as well as participates in international philatelic exhibitions.
April 21, 1951
The Museum is closed by the decision of the state authorities.
Wroclaw’s postmen, from the Vilnius and Lviv environment, with a great commitment, start to organize the post museum in the capital of the Lower Silesia. The Museum receives a place in the historic building of the Main Post Office in Wroclaw, Z. Krasińskiego 1 Street, where it has been located until today.
1955 - 1956
The organisers of Wroclaw museum receive and record the postal museum collections successively imported from Warsaw to Wroclaw and prepare permanent exhibitions to the public.
February 4, 1956
The Post and Telecommunication Museum in Wroclaw is formally brought to life.
December 12, 1956
The opening ceremony of the Museum inaugurates the availability of this facility to the public from 16 XII 1956.
September 1, 1979
The Museum launches its branch in Gdańsk, which task is to memorialise the historical development of Post and Telecommunication on the grounds of Gdańsk with the particular emphasis on the Polish Post Office in the Free City of Gdańsk.
The Museum joins the International Association of Transport Museums (IATM) and the International Council of Museums (ICOM).
January 1, 1999
As a result of the administrative reform of the State, the Museum of Post and Telecommunication is separated from the Ministry of Communications and becomes subordinate to the government of the Province of the Lower Silesia, maintaining a nationwide range of operation.
January 1, 2003
Gdańsk branch of Wroclaw Museum of Post and Telecommunication becomes a branch of the Historical Museum of the City of Gdańsk, which now bears the name of the Museum of the Polish Post Office in Gdańsk.
September 9, 2005
The Friends of the Museum of Post and Telecommunication Association is formed, which financially supports it in the field of collections and exhibition activities.